New workplace pension limits from 6 April 2019

The amounts that employers and workers will be required to pay into workplace pensions are due to increase from 6 April unless the worker opts out. The new limits will be 5% from the worker and 3% from the employer. The total minimum contribution will therefore increase from the current 5% overall to 8%. In some schemes, your employer has …

Ewire – March 2019

Keeping your website up to date for Google searches Google is still the world’s most popular search engine. Google’s search engine algorithm is continuously being updated so how do you keep your firm’s website up to date so that you show up in online searches? More than 2.3 million Google searches are conducted every single minute. The top 5 search …

Tax E-News – March 2019

DON’T LOSE YOUR PERSONAL ALLOWANCE! For every £2 that your adjusted net income exceeds £100,000 the £11,850 personal allowance is reduced by £1. Pension contributions and Gift Aid can help to reduce adjusted net income and save tax at an effective rate of 60%. The restriction applies between £100,000 and £123,700 adjusted net income. Another way that you could avoid …

Brexit – what now for businesses that trade with the EU?

There is still uncertainty around what Brexit will mean and planning for a “No Deal” scenario seems sensible right now. Businesses that buy and sell from the EU should have contingency plans in place which will need to be flexible to cope with a variety of possible outcomes. If a ‘No Deal’ happens after March 2019 here are some of …

Tax E-News – February 2019

NO DEAL BREXIT – WHAT ABOUT VAT? The Government and HMRC have updated its collection of high-level guides called “partnership packs”, intended to help businesses involved in importing and exporting prepare for changes to customs procedures after 29 March 2019 in the event of a “no deal” scenario. If the UK exits the EU without a deal, UK businesses will …

Ewire – February 2019

Managing in Uncertain Times Due to Brexit, 2019 looks set to be a year filled with uncertainty for businesses. The future is always unknown but this year managers will need to navigate some particularly choppy waters due to market uncertainty and global political turmoil. Focus on what you can control As a manager you can always control your response, attitude, …

HMRC Statements of account

We are aware that HMRC have been issuing statements on account which in some cases have been missing income tax first payments on account for the 2018/19 tax year which are due on 31 January 2019. We therefore recommend that if you receive a payslip from HMRC that you check this against the liability advised by MBL in the cover …

Tax E-News – January 2019

Happy New Year and welcome to our first monthly newswire of 2019. We hope you enjoy reading this newsletter and find it useful. NEW YEAR RESOLUTIONS TO SAVE TAX At this time of year we think about New Year’s resolutions. It is also a good time to start planning your tax affairs before the end of the tax year on …

E-wire – January 2019

Business trends to watch in 2019 Here are some of the top Business Trends to watch in 2019. Marketing will continue to become more personalised Marketing is becoming increasingly personal, and this trend will keep going as we move into the new year. No longer will stock images, generic campaigns or impersonal calls to action convince consumers. In order to …

E-wire – December 2018

The New iPad Pro – Good Enough For Business? Apple has just released its new iPad Pro, which it refers to as “the future of computing”. So, is Apple’s latest and greatest tablet good enough to replace your business laptop with? The new 2018 iPad Pro has a sleek new design and is available in 11-inch and 12.9-inch screen sizes. …